Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Two Months!

Happy two month unbirthday little one!! You are officially eight weeks old today.

What that means for you:
You, my little peanut, are actually about the size of a lima bean now - just 0.5 inches to 0.75 inches! Of course, you are already adorable! The folds that will form your eyelids are forming, while nerve cells in the retina are developing, paving the way for sight. The very tip of your button nose is now present, and tiny little ears are forming both on the outside and inside of your head. The tubes connecting the lungs and throat are sprouting, and your arms are growing longer. In fact, you now have elbows!

What that means for mommy:
I have now been fighting morning sickness for one whole week!! Every day I think I am closer to actually losing my breakfast. While the feeling is strongest in the morning when I am trying to get ready for work, it comes and goes all day! I now have to take my prenatal vitamins right before I fall asleep or they have me feeling queasy.

The mysterious sciatic nerve that I have always heard of, but luckily never experienced, seems to be making an (unwanted) appearance today! Fingers crossed this is just a weird spasm I am experiencing today and it isn't something that sticks around for the entire pregnancy!! You will definitely read about it again if it does.

Given that so far this pregnancy seems to be quite different than my last rodeo, I am going to go out on a limb here and be one of the first to say "Girl". I say one of the first because we have had a few put in their votes, including your Noni who seems convinced already!! Hopefully you forgive me if I am wrong here! It is always possible to have completely different pregnancies with the same gender... but I just don't see that being the case!

What else... even though a bulging tummy is supposed to be unlikely at this point, I already feel like I look 5 months pregnant! They say the second one shows sooner and I am going to go with that. They do say that clothes are probably tighter at the waist - now, why would that be if the stomach isn't bulging and I haven't had any weight gain - and that I may notice more weight on the hips and thighs making my clothes fit snugly. Just what I needed ;o)

I go to the doctor again tomorrow to remind me what I will be going through over the next eight months. I think it is true that you forget (or block out) a lot of things from pregnancy after you have a baby! That appointment will be followed by a slew of tests in upcoming weeks!

No comments: