Even though you are now about 4 inches long and somewhere between 2.5 and 5 ounces, I know that you are still not up in my ribs, so I am not quite sure why I am constantly feeling things there. The best that I can figure is that you must move around, A LOT and are pushing my organs all over the place which I am in turn feeling!
We are now at 4 months (16 weeks) and I can only imagine that in the very near future I will be feeling you non-stop!!
In case you are curious, I get all of my stats from different places... books that I have read throughout both pregnancies, baby magazines, and websites like BabyFit. This time around though, I am able to combine that with information found on a hysterical blog that provides weekly updates from a pregnant mom.
Going back to the size... 4 inches! That seems kind of big already. I just held up my pen and it is 5 inches!! In the blog referred to above, she compares the ounces to a chocolate Easter bunny. That is so much bigger than I would have expected.
That would also explain the CONSTANT need to pee. Your daddy keeps asking me "didn't you just go to the bathroom." Yes, I did and even though I know that only a couple drops will be coming out, I still have to go... BAD!!
I have now gained a total of five pounds. What stinks is that two of them seem to have appeared right along with the bump... out of nowhere! So far so good, I guess. The doc said that they recommend five in the first trimester and I am a few weeks past there, so that must be pretty reasonable. If I can just keep it to no more than one a week the rest of the pregnancy, I will stay under 30 gained... I am happy with that.
Oh yeah... names. Sorry, still nothing to report there! I was even looking at the Social Security site for baby names earlier and I just couldn't get into it. Nothing seems right. Not sure what is wrong with me right now. I am sure it will come to us soon.
Wednesday, October 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment