Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Second Trimester!!! Woohoo

We are OFFICIALLY in the second trimester! No matter how you slice it or dice it, whether you believe the second trimester starts in the 12, 13 or 14th week, we are there! Now more than 14 weeks pregnant I am feeling great and barely showing. I can actually still get away with wearing most of my normal clothes. People that haven't been told I am pregnant have no idea. Apparently, you are the size of a peach, but I would never know it if I hadn't just read that!

So, now that I am in the second trimester - which is when you are supposed to start feeling better - I decided that it is time to reflect on the first. Upon really thinking about it, it was really an easy one. Aside from the worries I had there for a couple weeks, it was pretty uneventful. I never actually "got sick," although I did have plenty of mornings where I had a hard time getting ready because I felt queasy. I had heartburn and sciatic pains for ONE day. That is it! I thought for sure it was the start of something and then it just stopped - part of helped feed the worries! The one major difference between this pregnancy and Austin... I was not falling asleep 24/7 this time around! I am very thankful for that because I didn't know how I would handle that with Austin, work, school, etc. My schedule does not allow for sleep!

In conclusion, while it has been somewhat different than the experience during the first trimester with Austin, it also wasn't the complete opposite... which makes me question the girl call. At this point, gender is completely up in the air!!

Next week we have another doctor's appointment!!! We are hoping to maybe find out the answer to the big question... maybe! We will see what kind of mood the doc is in! See you soon, peach!

No comments: