The update is five days past due, but better late than never.
I am writing this via email/blackberry because I am pumping. Yep, today is my first day back at work and I feel like a cow on a farm. I come in every 3 hours. It is kind of odd, but in the end it is the best thing for you and it is the one thing that I feel like I can give you since I am not able to stay with you.
I probably shouldn't even get started on that subject because I (stupidly) am not wearing waterproof mascara. Let's just say that I miss you terribly and want so badly to rush home and get you and spend the next 24 hours loving on you and trying to make it up to you that I abandoned you and left you with some random person that isn't related to you for an entire day. How am I going to do this every day and be able to live with myself?
Oh yeah, back to your update! I will have to post pictures later, although I will try attaching a couple that are on my phone.
I finally created and sent out your birth announcements!! Now that everyone probably knows you are here.
Your sleeping pattern hasn't really changed yet, but your eating habits seem to be evening out more and more all the time.
You are growing like crazy!! The newborn outfits have to be stretched to fit you, so they are basically out of the question. Newborn diapers have been a thing of the past for a couple weeks now. Socks that at one time were loose on your precious, tiny little feet... Now leave little marks to show that you are outgrowing them. What hit me the hardest though, was when I put on 0-3 outfits and they fit perfect. Shouldn't they be kind of big still because they are supposed to be for up to 3 months?! You really need to slow the growing down.
I am able to get you to smile all the time now! You have no idea how much that makes my day!
Oh, and this coming Sunday (Mother's Day) we are doing Parent/Baby dedication at church. More on this later in another post.
Time to wrap up. I love you and miss you soo much right now!!
- Mommy
Monday, May 4, 2009
6 Weeks and back at work
Labels:
6 weeks old,
baby dedication,
breastfeeding,
pumping,
smiling,
weekly update,
working
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Awww, I bet going back to work was soooo hard! You gotta do what you gotta do though, right? It will get easier! He is just so precious!!
I'm glad your first day back at work went well. I remember how hard it was for me to go back to work after having Mason. I cried in the shower that morning and then in my car before going into the office. Even though I only worked part-time at that point, it didn't make it any easier. I said a prayer for you yesterday. Ethan is just too cute. I don't know what percentages Taylor is in either. We go back on May 26th for her 2 month checkup. I heard the same thing about breastfed babies.
Ahhh, look at that smile. Its adorable. And I LOVE the pic of the boys lying in bed. Too sweet! Cant wait to spend some time with yall next wknd (2 events worth). YEAH!
Post a Comment